SHAKER FURNITURE MUSEUM : TOP RATED FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS : THE ROOM PLACE FURNITURE STORE.
Shaker Furniture Museum
- Shaker furniture is a distinctive style of furniture developed by the United Society of Believers in Christ's Second Appearing (aka Shakers), a religious sect founded by Jane and James Wardley. They came to America from Manchester, England in 1774 led by Mother Ann Lee.
- A museum is a building or institution that houses and cares for a collection of artifacts and other objects of scientific, artistic, or historical importance and makes them available for public viewing through exhibits that may be permanent or temporary.
- museum is a sponsored top-level domain (sTLD) in the Domain Name System of the Internet used exclusively by museums, museum associations, and individual members of the museum profession, as these groups are defined by the International Council of Museums (ICOM). In joint action with the J.
- a depository for collecting and displaying objects having scientific or historical or artistic value
- A building in which objects of historical, scientific, artistic, or cultural interest are stored and exhibited
Gather Up the Fragments: The Andrews Shaker Collection
Struck by the beauty of every visible object in a Shaker kitchen they chanced to visit in 1923, young Edward Deming Andrews and his wife, Faith Young Andrews, embarked on a collection that became the passion of their lives. During the following decades, at a time when the art and artifacts of the Shakers were considered ?low” art and unworthy of collecting or exhibiting, the Andrewses energetically collected objects, studied sources, and eventually mounted exhibits and published books on Shaker culture.
This beautiful book is the first to document their unparalleled collection, presenting some 600 photographs, most never before published. In addition, the book brings to light the extraordinary story of the Andrewses’ collecting and scholarship, their relationships with members of the United Society of Believers (commonly called Shakers) and with important New York City art-world figures of the 1930s, as well as their contributions toward the birth of the field of Shaker Studies. More than passionate collectors, Edward and Faith Andrews were intent on saving a distinct culture, and their accomplishment was to preserve for future generations the most comprehensive body of knowledge ever assembled about the Shakers.
High Chairs, 1890
High Chair (left), South Family, Mount Lebanon, NY, ca. 1890: Maple, birch, cloth tape. High Chair (right), South Family, Mount Lebanon, NY, ca. 1890: Cherry, hickory, cloth tape. Fewer than a dozen of these chairs have survived. Thought to have been made only by special request, high chairs were adapted from one of the smallest of the Shakers' production chairs.
(I could die right now and be happy after seeing this.)
At the Enfield Shaker village
shaker furniture museum
Title: Movers and Shakers. Artist: Unknown. Image Size: 10.47in. x 16.52in. Paper Size: 11.00in. x 17.00in. MUSEUM WRAP CANVAS Print With Added Heavy BRUSHSTROKES
The Canvas Transfer Process
Producing a canvas transfer is an intensely detailed process, which begins with an art print (ink on paper). Special chemicals are applied which, when dried, form a film that is meticulously separated from the paper and permanently embedded onto a high quality artist canvas. The canvas is then carefully stretched and wrapped around a sturdy, custom-cut inner support frame, called a "stretcher bar". Heavy added brushstrokes are also carefully painted on to the canvas.
Ready to Hang "Museum Wrap"
Canvas is wrapped around the stretcher bars and stapled on the back. White canvas will show on the sides and no part of the image is lost during this wrapping process. The stretcher bar on the back of the canvas has a saw-tooth hanger, making it ready to hang on your wall. The canvas texture and non-reflective nature of a canvas transfer allows you to hang them under any lighting conditions. Differing from traditional paper art prints, a canvas transfer has a lifespan as long as any original painting or work of art. They can easily be dusted and cleaned with a damp cloth, giving years of use and enjoyment.
Since there is no need to cover a canvas transfer with glass or to even mat these items, having your canvas transfer framed is easy and cost effective.
SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING MUSEUM WRAPS
If your order contains a border around the main design of the image, it WILL BE cropped off. This will occur if there is a white, black orother colored border around the main image. Any text that appears in the border WILL also be cropped off as well.
Cropping will REDUCE the overall size of the Museum Wrap from the dimensions stated above.
We CANNOT REFUND orders where there is a misunderstanding about this process.
whalen furniture tv stand for tube tvs up
contract furniture new york
quality furniture market of lenoir
modular furniture bezel
cochrane furniture nc
home decorators furniture reviews
coupon to ashley furniture homestore
Post a comment
| HOME |
Author:cort furniture rental corp
Welcome to FC2!
- CORT FURNITURE RENTAL CORP - RENTAL CORP (10/18)
- DOMAIN FURNITURE STORE. DOMAIN FURNITURE (10/18)
- FINE FURNITURE IN ATLANTA. IN ATLANTA (10/18)
- FURNITURE CLEARANCE STORE. FURNITURE CLEARANCE (10/18)
- FURNITURE FACTORY OUTLETS IN NORTH CAROLINA. FURNITURE FACTO (10/18)
- FURNITURE KING SIZE BEDS - FURNITURE KING (10/18)
- FURNITURE STORE CLOSING SALE. CLOSING SALE (10/18)
- FURNITURE STORES NEW ENGLAND - FURNITURE STORES (10/18)
- INDONESIA FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS. FURNITURE MANUFACTURERS (10/18)
- KARTELL FURNITURE : KARTELL (10/18)
- MARTHA STEWART PAINTED FURNITURE. PAINTED FURNITURE (10/18)
- MODERN FURNITURE WEBSITE. FURNITURE WEBSITE (10/18)
- PRICE OF ANTIQUE FURNITURE : ANTIQUE FURNITURE (10/18)
- SCIENTIFIC LAB FURNITURE - SCIENTIFIC LAB (10/18)
- SHAKER FURNITURE MUSEUM : SHAKER FURNITURE (10/18)
- SIGNATURE FURNITURE NJ : FURNITURE NJ (10/18)
- VICTORIAN LIBRARY FURNITURE : VICTORIAN LIBRARY (10/18)
- WOOD FURNITURE REFINISHER : WOOD FURNITURE (10/18)